Woman shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A woman was killed here when unidentified assailants barged into her house and fired shots, police said Sunday.
Kiran Bala, 38, was shot dead Saturday night in Khoda residential colony.
Police said she was sleeping with her five-year-old son when the assailants opened fire.
Kiran received bullet injuries in the head, police said. After killing Kiran, the assailants escaped.
The woman had married Mukesh Gurjar - a history sheeter - about 15 years ago. He is presently lodged in Tihar Jail.
"No arrest have been made. The dead body has been sent for autopsy," said city police chief Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video