Woman shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A woman was killed here when unidentified assailants barged into her house and fired shots, police said Sunday.
Kiran Bala, 38, was shot dead Saturday night in Khoda residential colony.
Police said she was sleeping with her five-year-old son when the assailants opened fire.
Kiran received bullet injuries in the head, police said. After killing Kiran, the assailants escaped.
The woman had married Mukesh Gurjar - a history sheeter - about 15 years ago. He is presently lodged in Tihar Jail.
"No arrest have been made. The dead body has been sent for autopsy," said city police chief Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez