Woman shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A woman was killed here when unidentified assailants barged into her house and fired shots, police said Sunday.
Kiran Bala, 38, was shot dead Saturday night in Khoda residential colony.
Police said she was sleeping with her five-year-old son when the assailants opened fire.
Kiran received bullet injuries in the head, police said. After killing Kiran, the assailants escaped.
The woman had married Mukesh Gurjar - a history sheeter - about 15 years ago. He is presently lodged in Tihar Jail.
"No arrest have been made. The dead body has been sent for autopsy," said city police chief Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange