Woman shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A woman was killed here when unidentified assailants barged into her house and fired shots, police said Sunday.
Kiran Bala, 38, was shot dead Saturday night in Khoda residential colony.
Police said she was sleeping with her five-year-old son when the assailants opened fire.
Kiran received bullet injuries in the head, police said. After killing Kiran, the assailants escaped.
The woman had married Mukesh Gurjar - a history sheeter - about 15 years ago. He is presently lodged in Tihar Jail.
"No arrest have been made. The dead body has been sent for autopsy," said city police chief Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot