Woman shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A woman was killed here when unidentified assailants barged into her house and fired shots, police said Sunday.
Kiran Bala, 38, was shot dead Saturday night in Khoda residential colony.
Police said she was sleeping with her five-year-old son when the assailants opened fire.
Kiran received bullet injuries in the head, police said. After killing Kiran, the assailants escaped.
The woman had married Mukesh Gurjar - a history sheeter - about 15 years ago. He is presently lodged in Tihar Jail.
"No arrest have been made. The dead body has been sent for autopsy," said city police chief Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test