Woman slices girl`s tongue to attain wealth in UP
Lucknow: A woman in Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh allegedly sliced off the tongue of her neighbour`s four-month-old daughter Wednesday after a godman told her it would make her rich.
Manju Devi, 35, a resident of the Siswan village, committed the act on the directions of a self-professed godman who was visiting her house regularly for the past few weeks, police said.
Locals found the four-month-old girl Mansi inside Devi`s house, lying near a `havan kund` (ceremonial fireplace).
Devi and her family members are absconding.
"The girl was bleeding profusely at the time she was recovered from Manju Devi`s house. She has been hospitalised and her condition is stated to be critical," police inspector H.C. Bharti told reporters Thursday in Maharajganj, some 300 km from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery