Woman slices girl`s tongue to attain wealth in UP
Lucknow: A woman in Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh allegedly sliced off the tongue of her neighbour`s four-month-old daughter Wednesday after a godman told her it would make her rich.
Manju Devi, 35, a resident of the Siswan village, committed the act on the directions of a self-professed godman who was visiting her house regularly for the past few weeks, police said.
Locals found the four-month-old girl Mansi inside Devi`s house, lying near a `havan kund` (ceremonial fireplace).
Devi and her family members are absconding.
"The girl was bleeding profusely at the time she was recovered from Manju Devi`s house. She has been hospitalised and her condition is stated to be critical," police inspector H.C. Bharti told reporters Thursday in Maharajganj, some 300 km from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Xiaomi Redmi 3S, 3S Prime go out of stock within minutes of sale; next sale on August 31
- Premier League: Petr Cech calls on Arsenal to stop making 'silly' losses
- Stan Lee supports Zendaya's casting in Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Get ready to watch Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh in 'Padmavati'! Deets inside
- Bella Thorne comes out as bisexual via Twitter