Woman slices girl`s tongue to attain wealth in UP
Lucknow: A woman in Maharajganj district of Uttar Pradesh allegedly sliced off the tongue of her neighbour`s four-month-old daughter Wednesday after a godman told her it would make her rich.
Manju Devi, 35, a resident of the Siswan village, committed the act on the directions of a self-professed godman who was visiting her house regularly for the past few weeks, police said.
Locals found the four-month-old girl Mansi inside Devi`s house, lying near a `havan kund` (ceremonial fireplace).
Devi and her family members are absconding.
"The girl was bleeding profusely at the time she was recovered from Manju Devi`s house. She has been hospitalised and her condition is stated to be critical," police inspector H.C. Bharti told reporters Thursday in Maharajganj, some 300 km from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda