Woman stayed with son`s body, did not inform about death
Ghaziabad: A 75-year-old woman was found staying in her house in Vaishali area with the body of his 55-year-old son, who had died few days ago.
The matter came to light today after the neighbours of Bimla Khosla, who lived with her son Ajay, called up police on noticing foul smell emanating from their house.
"We searched Bimla`s house and found Ajay dead, whose body was lying in bathroom. When we were picking up her son`s body for post-mortem, Bimla said her son was sleeping, and asked us not to disturb him. Seeing the woman`s condition, it seems she is mentally disturbed," a senior police officer said.
He said that as per preliminary investigation, Ajay died three days ago, on Sunday.
Ajay was divorced by his wife ten years ago and had been living with her mother in their Vaishali home.
"We are yet to ascertain the cause of Ajay`s death and it would be possible once post-mortem report comes," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security