Woman stayed with son`s body, did not inform about death
Ghaziabad: A 75-year-old woman was found staying in her house in Vaishali area with the body of his 55-year-old son, who had died few days ago.
The matter came to light today after the neighbours of Bimla Khosla, who lived with her son Ajay, called up police on noticing foul smell emanating from their house.
"We searched Bimla`s house and found Ajay dead, whose body was lying in bathroom. When we were picking up her son`s body for post-mortem, Bimla said her son was sleeping, and asked us not to disturb him. Seeing the woman`s condition, it seems she is mentally disturbed," a senior police officer said.
He said that as per preliminary investigation, Ajay died three days ago, on Sunday.
Ajay was divorced by his wife ten years ago and had been living with her mother in their Vaishali home.
"We are yet to ascertain the cause of Ajay`s death and it would be possible once post-mortem report comes," the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list