Woman throws acid on mother`s face in Kanpur
Kanpur: A woman allegedly threw acid on her mother`s face following a family dispute in Chakeri area here, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred yesterday when the two entered into a dispute over some property related matter after which the accused, in a fit of rage, threw acid on her mother`s face, they said.
The victim, who suffered serious burn injuries, has been admitted to a private hospital here.
The accused, who was later detained for questioning, appeared to be in an unstable state of mind during interrogation, DIG Amitabh Yash said, adding that she has been sent for medical examination.
No case has been registered and further investigation into the matter is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Nation bids tearful adieu to APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!