Woman throws acid on mother`s face in Kanpur
Kanpur: A woman allegedly threw acid on her mother`s face following a family dispute in Chakeri area here, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred yesterday when the two entered into a dispute over some property related matter after which the accused, in a fit of rage, threw acid on her mother`s face, they said.
The victim, who suffered serious burn injuries, has been admitted to a private hospital here.
The accused, who was later detained for questioning, appeared to be in an unstable state of mind during interrogation, DIG Amitabh Yash said, adding that she has been sent for medical examination.
No case has been registered and further investigation into the matter is on, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy