Woman throws acid on mother`s face in Kanpur
Kanpur: A woman allegedly threw acid on her mother`s face following a family dispute in Chakeri area here, police said on Saturday.
The incident occurred yesterday when the two entered into a dispute over some property related matter after which the accused, in a fit of rage, threw acid on her mother`s face, they said.
The victim, who suffered serious burn injuries, has been admitted to a private hospital here.
The accused, who was later detained for questioning, appeared to be in an unstable state of mind during interrogation, DIG Amitabh Yash said, adding that she has been sent for medical examination.
No case has been registered and further investigation into the matter is on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- Europa League draw: Manchester United set for Robin van Persie reunion
- Bomb disposal squad deployed in central England after arrests
- US Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal drawn for potential semi-final clash
- Long traffic jams may increase risk of cancer!
- Fighters and residents leave besieged Damascus suburb Daraya