Woman`s body found on railway track in UP
Ghaziabad: The body of an unidentified woman was today found on the tracks of a railway bridge on Hindon river in the Shahibabd area of the district, police said.
Prima facie it appears that the woman had jumped from a moving train, police said adding, however the possibilities of her being pushed by someone cannot be ruled out.
Her body got stuck in the rail track.
The police team, after much efforts pulled out her body, however, a mobile phone which she was carrying fell into the river.
We are trying to ascertain the identity of the woman and also making efforts to recover her mobile phone, In-charge of Shabhibad police outpost, Dilip Kumar Singh said.
The incident led to a two-hour traffic holdover on the adjacent road leading to Indirapuram and Vaishali area of the district as commuters halted their vehicles to have a look.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’