Woman`s body found on railway track in UP
Ghaziabad: The body of an unidentified woman was today found on the tracks of a railway bridge on Hindon river in the Shahibabd area of the district, police said.
Prima facie it appears that the woman had jumped from a moving train, police said adding, however the possibilities of her being pushed by someone cannot be ruled out.
Her body got stuck in the rail track.
The police team, after much efforts pulled out her body, however, a mobile phone which she was carrying fell into the river.
We are trying to ascertain the identity of the woman and also making efforts to recover her mobile phone, In-charge of Shabhibad police outpost, Dilip Kumar Singh said.
The incident led to a two-hour traffic holdover on the adjacent road leading to Indirapuram and Vaishali area of the district as commuters halted their vehicles to have a look.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country