Women beaten to death over garbage disposal dispute
Ballia (UP): A 45-year-old woman was beaten to death while her daughter was seriously injured following a dispute over garbage disposal in Sasna Bahadurpur village, police said on Thursday.
Tarkeshwari Devi was beaten to death with lathis and her daughter, Brinda, injured when some persons with whom they had a dispute over garbage disposal barged into their house and attacked them.
Two people have been arrested in this connection, police said, adding senior administrative and police officials have rushed to the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai