Women shouldn`t have mobile phones: BSP MP
Lucknow: The BSP found itself red faced Monday after one of its MPs said women should not be given mobile phone.
The MP from Muzaffarnagar, Raj Pal Singh, told a gathering in his village that women should be barred from using mobile phones.
"Hamari maa behnon ke paas to mobile na tha, kya mar gayin wo sab?" (Our mothers and sisters never had them; did they die without this gadget?)" he said amid nods of approval from the villagers.
Raj Pal Singh said most problems faced by women today were due to posession of mobiles.
He even suggested that elders in all families should take back the mobile phones given to girls and women in their homes.
Social activists are up in arms against the MP.
One of them, Arti Mishra, said that the statement was not only "bad in taste" but discriminatory. "The president of the MP`s party is a woman, we are waiting for the reaction of Maywati now," she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?