Women workers in Noida demand special buses
Noida: With increasing incidents of crime against women, a teachers’ body in Noida has demanded special buses on Noida and Dadri routes.
Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh has written a letter to Greater Noida Authority and district magistrate, requesting for women special buses in the morning and evening, the body`s district vice president Usha Vikal said.
This will help the teachers commuting to Noida and they will feel safe, she said.
Industry workers of Noida and Greater Noida have also demanded special buses.
"We face harassment daily while travelling on buses. Men passengers try to push us and we cannot do anything as it may lead to clash and they may harm us. We silently bear the harassment as we have no choice," said Neelima a factory worker at Noida Phase 2 hosiery complex.
Though several companies have hired chartered buses for staff but over 10,000 female workers and students daily commute to Noida Phase 2 industrial area and Greater Noida areas on roadways and private buses, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!