Women workers in Noida demand special buses
Noida: With increasing incidents of crime against women, a teachers’ body in Noida has demanded special buses on Noida and Dadri routes.
Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh has written a letter to Greater Noida Authority and district magistrate, requesting for women special buses in the morning and evening, the body`s district vice president Usha Vikal said.
This will help the teachers commuting to Noida and they will feel safe, she said.
Industry workers of Noida and Greater Noida have also demanded special buses.
"We face harassment daily while travelling on buses. Men passengers try to push us and we cannot do anything as it may lead to clash and they may harm us. We silently bear the harassment as we have no choice," said Neelima a factory worker at Noida Phase 2 hosiery complex.
Though several companies have hired chartered buses for staff but over 10,000 female workers and students daily commute to Noida Phase 2 industrial area and Greater Noida areas on roadways and private buses, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about