Women workers in Noida demand special buses
Noida: With increasing incidents of crime against women, a teachers’ body in Noida has demanded special buses on Noida and Dadri routes.
Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh has written a letter to Greater Noida Authority and district magistrate, requesting for women special buses in the morning and evening, the body`s district vice president Usha Vikal said.
This will help the teachers commuting to Noida and they will feel safe, she said.
Industry workers of Noida and Greater Noida have also demanded special buses.
"We face harassment daily while travelling on buses. Men passengers try to push us and we cannot do anything as it may lead to clash and they may harm us. We silently bear the harassment as we have no choice," said Neelima a factory worker at Noida Phase 2 hosiery complex.
Though several companies have hired chartered buses for staff but over 10,000 female workers and students daily commute to Noida Phase 2 industrial area and Greater Noida areas on roadways and private buses, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!