Women workers in Noida demand special buses
Noida: With increasing incidents of crime against women, a teachers’ body in Noida has demanded special buses on Noida and Dadri routes.
Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh has written a letter to Greater Noida Authority and district magistrate, requesting for women special buses in the morning and evening, the body`s district vice president Usha Vikal said.
This will help the teachers commuting to Noida and they will feel safe, she said.
Industry workers of Noida and Greater Noida have also demanded special buses.
"We face harassment daily while travelling on buses. Men passengers try to push us and we cannot do anything as it may lead to clash and they may harm us. We silently bear the harassment as we have no choice," said Neelima a factory worker at Noida Phase 2 hosiery complex.
Though several companies have hired chartered buses for staff but over 10,000 female workers and students daily commute to Noida Phase 2 industrial area and Greater Noida areas on roadways and private buses, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested