Women workers in Noida demand special buses
Noida: With increasing incidents of crime against women, a teachers’ body in Noida has demanded special buses on Noida and Dadri routes.
Madhiyamik Shiksha Sangh has written a letter to Greater Noida Authority and district magistrate, requesting for women special buses in the morning and evening, the body`s district vice president Usha Vikal said.
This will help the teachers commuting to Noida and they will feel safe, she said.
Industry workers of Noida and Greater Noida have also demanded special buses.
"We face harassment daily while travelling on buses. Men passengers try to push us and we cannot do anything as it may lead to clash and they may harm us. We silently bear the harassment as we have no choice," said Neelima a factory worker at Noida Phase 2 hosiery complex.
Though several companies have hired chartered buses for staff but over 10,000 female workers and students daily commute to Noida Phase 2 industrial area and Greater Noida areas on roadways and private buses, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Didn't have any confidence before 'Kick': Jacqueline Fernandez
- Oil Tankers Association calls off strike in Jammu ?
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island