Won`t lose, will work hard for people of UP: Akhilesh Yadav
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Lucknow: Under attack from several quarters over rising rape cases and deteriorating law and order situation in his state, Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday that he wont succumb to his criticism and continue to work hard for the people in Uttar Pradesh.
"My critics can`t make me lose. I will continue to work hard for the people of UP and also work towards improving my administration," the young UP Chief Minister was quoted as saying to a TV news channel.
The UP Chief Minister had last week directed his officials to take strict actions against `culprits` involved in cases of heinous crimes against women.
" I have directed my officials to reach the spot immediately after any incident occurs so that it is ensured that no politics is played. I have asked them to take stern action against culprits," Akhilesh Yadav said while addressing the UP Investors Conclave.
The remark from the UP Chief Minister comes at a time when the pressure has increased on him to quit in the wake of reports alleging the complete breakdown of the law and order machinery in the state.
"Every government will need to work on the law and order situation, it is not just for the SP govt," he added.
A 19-year-old girl was found hanging from a tree in Moradabad city of Uttar Pradesh, which followed the gang-rape and murder of two minor Dalit sisters in the Badaun district of UP on May 27.
Two minor Dalit girls were gang-raped and murdered when they have gone out to relieve themselves in their village.
A woman judge was also gang-raped in Agra and two local BJP leaders were murdered in Muzaffarnagar and in Noida recently.
A 45-year-old woman was found hanging from a tree in a village in Uttar Pradesh`s Bahraich district on June 11, triggering suspicion she has been gang-raped.
All these incidents sparked a massive protest against the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in UP led by Akhilesh Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm