Work in several UP courts hit due to lawyers` boycott
Muzaffarnagar: Judicial work in various districts of Uttar Pradesh on Friday came to a standstill as lawyers boycotted courts in protest against alleged police inaction over attacks on lawyers in the state.
The one-day boycott call was given by the Uttar Pradesh Bar Council as lawyers stayed away from work, president, Muzaffarnagar Bar Association, Thakur Anup Singh said here.
Courts in Meerut, Bulandshr, Bijnor, Saharanpur, Shamli and Muzaffarnagar districts were also hit by the boycott, he said.
The lawyers were protesting in connection with the attacks that have taken place on lawyers in various districts, including Kanpur, Sitapur, Ghaziabad and Agra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000