Would withdraw my name if BJP fields Joshi from Kanpur: Mahana
Kanpur: Six-time BJP MLA from Kanpur, Satish Mahana, on Monday said he was ready to withdraw his name if the party decides to field senior leader Murli Manohar Joshi from the industrial town.
"If the party high command fields veteran leader Murli Manohar Joshi from Kanpur, I will withdraw my name. I will support Joshi and help him win the elections so that it consolidates the position of our party`s Prime Ministerial nominee," Mahana, who is also in race for a ticket from the Kanpur seat said.
Mahana said their only aim is to see Narendra Modi as the country`s Prime Minister.
"Our only aim is to see Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of the country and for that whoever the party gives ticket to, I will give my full support," said Mahana, who was defeated by Congress leader Sri Prakash Jaiswal in 2009 elections.
Sharing the same sentiments, BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi said, " We are prepared to give tough competition to Jaiswal in Kanpur. We are waiting for party`s decision to filed Joshi from Kanpur."
Breaking his silence over the reported row in BJP over a move to field Narendra Modi from Varanasi, Murli Manohar Joshi yesterday said he would accept any decision the party takes like a "disciplined soldier" and hoped it would neither dent the PM candidate`s prestige nor hurt party`s electoral chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy
- Man wanted in 14 cases arrested after gun-battle in Odisha, 2 injured
- Pakistan playing to gallery in publicising Kashmir issue: Ex-envoy SK Lambah
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) and HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared on May 3