Would withdraw my name if BJP fields Joshi from Kanpur: Mahana
Kanpur: Six-time BJP MLA from Kanpur, Satish Mahana, on Monday said he was ready to withdraw his name if the party decides to field senior leader Murli Manohar Joshi from the industrial town.
"If the party high command fields veteran leader Murli Manohar Joshi from Kanpur, I will withdraw my name. I will support Joshi and help him win the elections so that it consolidates the position of our party`s Prime Ministerial nominee," Mahana, who is also in race for a ticket from the Kanpur seat said.
Mahana said their only aim is to see Narendra Modi as the country`s Prime Minister.
"Our only aim is to see Narendra Modi as the Prime Minister of the country and for that whoever the party gives ticket to, I will give my full support," said Mahana, who was defeated by Congress leader Sri Prakash Jaiswal in 2009 elections.
Sharing the same sentiments, BJP MLA Salil Bishnoi said, " We are prepared to give tough competition to Jaiswal in Kanpur. We are waiting for party`s decision to filed Joshi from Kanpur."
Breaking his silence over the reported row in BJP over a move to field Narendra Modi from Varanasi, Murli Manohar Joshi yesterday said he would accept any decision the party takes like a "disciplined soldier" and hoped it would neither dent the PM candidate`s prestige nor hurt party`s electoral chances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe