Wrong UPA policies led to inflation: Mayawati
Mumbai: Wrong policies of the Congress
governments over 50 years have led to poverty, unemployment
and inflation in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati said here on Sunday.
Poverty has not been eradicated despite schemes
implemented by the Central Government. A government committee
has recommended that the number of BPL families be increased,
but the government has not taken any action, she said.
The UP government has decided to implement a scheme,
under which, woman head of poor family gets Rs 400 per month,
Several corruption cases, including CWG, 2G and Adarsh
scam have surfaced during the Congress-led governments
tenure, she said.
The Congress-led government has not been able to bring
in a legislation against black money. Even the BJP government,
during its 6 years, failed to act on black money, she said.
"This proves that black money, belonging to all these parties,
is stashed away abroad," she said.
"If the black money is brought back to the country, it
will help reduce poverty by 50 per cent," she said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?