Wrong UPA policies led to inflation: Mayawati
Mumbai: Wrong policies of the Congress
governments over 50 years have led to poverty, unemployment
and inflation in the country, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati said here on Sunday.
Poverty has not been eradicated despite schemes
implemented by the Central Government. A government committee
has recommended that the number of BPL families be increased,
but the government has not taken any action, she said.
The UP government has decided to implement a scheme,
under which, woman head of poor family gets Rs 400 per month,
Several corruption cases, including CWG, 2G and Adarsh
scam have surfaced during the Congress-led governments
tenure, she said.
The Congress-led government has not been able to bring
in a legislation against black money. Even the BJP government,
during its 6 years, failed to act on black money, she said.
"This proves that black money, belonging to all these parties,
is stashed away abroad," she said.
"If the black money is brought back to the country, it
will help reduce poverty by 50 per cent," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA