Yamuna Expressway inaugurated by Akhilesh Yadav
Noida/Lucknow: The drive to Taj Mahal from New Delhi should take no more than two-and-a-half hours now with the inauguration of the Yamuna Expressway on Thursday -a 165-km, six-lane freeway connecting Greater Noida with Agra.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the expressway, built by the infrastructure major Jaypee Group, by way of a video-conference from the state capital Luckow.
The expressway promoter will also develop five integrated townships on 500 hectares each at Noida, Jaganpur, Mirzapur, Tappal near Aligarh and Kuber near Agra, officials said.
Permission has been obtained for toll at Rs. 2.10 per km for cars which will be levied at three points -- at 38 km, 95 km and 150 km from Greater Noida.
The expressway will be formally opened to the public at 4 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Mercedes to have petrol variants across portfolio in India by September
- Opposition alleges use of coercion, threats in RS polls in Jharkhand
- LOL: Never ever say these annoying things to a tall person! – Watch video
- Max Landis writing 'Pepe Le Pew' movie!
- Demand to ban advertisements on fairness creams in RS