Yamuna Expressway inaugurated by Akhilesh Yadav
Noida/Lucknow: The drive to Taj Mahal from New Delhi should take no more than two-and-a-half hours now with the inauguration of the Yamuna Expressway on Thursday -a 165-km, six-lane freeway connecting Greater Noida with Agra.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the expressway, built by the infrastructure major Jaypee Group, by way of a video-conference from the state capital Luckow.
The expressway promoter will also develop five integrated townships on 500 hectares each at Noida, Jaganpur, Mirzapur, Tappal near Aligarh and Kuber near Agra, officials said.
Permission has been obtained for toll at Rs. 2.10 per km for cars which will be levied at three points -- at 38 km, 95 km and 150 km from Greater Noida.
The expressway will be formally opened to the public at 4 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics