Yamuna Expressway inaugurated by Akhilesh Yadav
Noida/Lucknow: The drive to Taj Mahal from New Delhi should take no more than two-and-a-half hours now with the inauguration of the Yamuna Expressway on Thursday -a 165-km, six-lane freeway connecting Greater Noida with Agra.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav inaugurated the expressway, built by the infrastructure major Jaypee Group, by way of a video-conference from the state capital Luckow.
The expressway promoter will also develop five integrated townships on 500 hectares each at Noida, Jaganpur, Mirzapur, Tappal near Aligarh and Kuber near Agra, officials said.
Permission has been obtained for toll at Rs. 2.10 per km for cars which will be levied at three points -- at 38 km, 95 km and 150 km from Greater Noida.
The expressway will be formally opened to the public at 4 p.m.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- SDM report holds Ryan school guilty of Divyansh's death
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder