Yamuna Expressway: No toll charges till Aug 15
Lucknow: Jaypee Infratech, the developers of the 165-km Yamuna Expressway connecting Greater Noida with Agra, Thursday said there would be no toll-tax till Aug 15.
The freeway, which promises to reduce travel time between New Delhi and Agra, home to the Taj Mahal by nearly half at two-and-a-half hours, was formally inaugurated by way of a videoconference from here Thursday by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Jaypee group deputy chairman Manoj Gaur said given the season of Ramzaan, Janmaasthami and Independence Day, his group had decided to give motorists on the expressway a six-day free ride. The state government has approved a toll tax of Rs 2.10 per km for cars.
Late Wednesday, the state government had notified the toll based on the recommendation of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority at Rs 2.10 per km on cars and jeeps, Rs 6.60 on busses and trucks, Rs 3.23 on minis and Rs 10.10 on heavy vehicles.
Asked to comment if the toll tax was not on the higher side, Yadav said that it was up to the developers to decide the rates, as people will travel less if they keep it high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak