Yamuna Expressway: No toll charges till Aug 15
Lucknow: Jaypee Infratech, the developers of the 165-km Yamuna Expressway connecting Greater Noida with Agra, Thursday said there would be no toll-tax till Aug 15.
The freeway, which promises to reduce travel time between New Delhi and Agra, home to the Taj Mahal by nearly half at two-and-a-half hours, was formally inaugurated by way of a videoconference from here Thursday by Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
Jaypee group deputy chairman Manoj Gaur said given the season of Ramzaan, Janmaasthami and Independence Day, his group had decided to give motorists on the expressway a six-day free ride. The state government has approved a toll tax of Rs 2.10 per km for cars.
Late Wednesday, the state government had notified the toll based on the recommendation of the Yamuna Expressway Industrial Development Authority at Rs 2.10 per km on cars and jeeps, Rs 6.60 on busses and trucks, Rs 3.23 on minis and Rs 10.10 on heavy vehicles.
Asked to comment if the toll tax was not on the higher side, Yadav said that it was up to the developers to decide the rates, as people will travel less if they keep it high.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report