Yogi to quit if BJP goes on taking tainted people
Gorakhpur (UP): BJP MP Yogi Adityanath on Friday
warned the party`s central leadership that he would
disassociate himself from the party if it continues to induct
tainted leaders and ministers expelled from BSP or any other
Talking to mediapersons in Gorakhpur, he said the party has
inducted expelled ministers from BSP who would have been
implicated as "culprits of deaths of hundreds of children in
Eastern UP due to encephalitis".
He said the government’s "apathy" is mainly responsible
for escalating number of encephalitis deaths in this region.
He said while BJP was fighting in and outside Parliament
for an effective Lokpal Bill to curb corruption, it will not
pay to induct the persons who are directly involved in it.
He said BJP is quite aware of the "irregularities" which
had taken place in implementation of NRHM in Uttar Pradesh and
the people who were associated with it.
Still, the party has kept its eyes closed by inducting a
tainted minister from BSP cabinet expelled on the charge of
corruption in NRHM.
Yogi said there was no consensus inside the party to
induct such people.
"I and others who feel that way are ready to disassociate
ourselves from the party if the mistake is not corrected", the
BJP MP said.
He, however, did not give any timeframe for his future
course of action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack