`Young` Akhilesh did not live up to people`s expectations: Anwar
Lucknow: Describing Akhilesh Yadav`s performance as a "failure", Union Minister and NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar on Sunday said the young Uttar Pradesh chief minister had not lived up to the expectations of the people.
Speaking to reporters here, Anwar said people had a lot of exceptions from the young Chief Minister as he was energetic and had a capacity to deliver but till now "his performance has not been up to the mark".
"He (Akhilesh) has failed to live up to the expectations of the people so far...," he told reporters here.
The Union Minister also demanded setting up of fast track courts for hearing Muzaffarnagar violence related cases.
"I demand from the state government to constitute fast track courts to hear Muzaffarnagar violence related cases so that those guilty could be punished and victims` family could get justice", Anwar told reporters.
On the situation in Muzaffarnagar, Anwar said that it had still not normalised and the state government should try to ensure that people return to their respective villages.
"The government should also ensure that politicisation of whatever happened there (Muzaffarnagar) should not be done. Some parties especially BJP are conspiring to take political mileage of the situation by polarising votes", he said.
In an apparent attack on BJP`s UP in-charge Amit Shah, Anwar said "Narendra Modi had sent his agent here" and was trying his Gujarat formula of polarisation of votes and the Akhilesh-government should remain alert to keep a check on such designs.
Anwar said leaders of NCP had yesterday met UP Governor BL Joshi and requested him to use his office to control the situation in Muzaffarnagar.
On a question about Lalu Prasad Yadav`s political fate, Anwar said that he is a factor in Bihar politics and his impact is not yet over.
"It`s wait and watch situation to observe his impact there (in Bihar)...Lalu factor cannot be ignored," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her