`Young` Akhilesh did not live up to people`s expectations: Anwar
Lucknow: Describing Akhilesh Yadav`s performance as a "failure", Union Minister and NCP general secretary Tariq Anwar on Sunday said the young Uttar Pradesh chief minister had not lived up to the expectations of the people.
Speaking to reporters here, Anwar said people had a lot of exceptions from the young Chief Minister as he was energetic and had a capacity to deliver but till now "his performance has not been up to the mark".
"He (Akhilesh) has failed to live up to the expectations of the people so far...," he told reporters here.
The Union Minister also demanded setting up of fast track courts for hearing Muzaffarnagar violence related cases.
"I demand from the state government to constitute fast track courts to hear Muzaffarnagar violence related cases so that those guilty could be punished and victims` family could get justice", Anwar told reporters.
On the situation in Muzaffarnagar, Anwar said that it had still not normalised and the state government should try to ensure that people return to their respective villages.
"The government should also ensure that politicisation of whatever happened there (Muzaffarnagar) should not be done. Some parties especially BJP are conspiring to take political mileage of the situation by polarising votes", he said.
In an apparent attack on BJP`s UP in-charge Amit Shah, Anwar said "Narendra Modi had sent his agent here" and was trying his Gujarat formula of polarisation of votes and the Akhilesh-government should remain alert to keep a check on such designs.
Anwar said leaders of NCP had yesterday met UP Governor BL Joshi and requested him to use his office to control the situation in Muzaffarnagar.
On a question about Lalu Prasad Yadav`s political fate, Anwar said that he is a factor in Bihar politics and his impact is not yet over.
"It`s wait and watch situation to observe his impact there (in Bihar)...Lalu factor cannot be ignored," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27