Youth arrested for attempting to kidnap minor girl
Bijnore: A youth was nabbed when he attempted to kidnap a minor girl at Nagina area here, police said on Monday.
The 13-year-old girl was on her way to a market and had just walked a little distance from her house in Mohalla Padhan when Faheem, resident of Mohalla Manihari Sarai, pounced upon her and tried to drag the victim away, police said.
Hearing her shrieks, people challenged the accused, who on seeing them tried to escape but was later nabbed by the police which rushed to the spot on being informed by the locals.
The brother of the victim has lodged an FIR against the youth, who works in Delhi.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata