Youth arrested for defacing Maya`s hoarding in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A youth was arrested for
defacing a hoarding of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
at the Collectorate campus here, police said today.
Braham Pal Singh had painted the face of the chief
minister black in protest against alleged police inaction in a
theft case, they said.
Singh, arrested yesterday, said during interrogation
that he was angry over delay in action by the police in the
theft case which he had registered recently.
District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar said Singh was
arrested on charges of damaging government property and the
act amounted to a "gross disrespect" to the Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's how Harbhajan Singh's cricket buddies wished him on becoming a father
- India should double coverage of HBV vaccine at birth: WHO
- Swathi murder case: Chennai Police gets one-day custody of Ramkumar to recreate crime scene
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one