Youth arrested in Hathras attack case
Lucknow: The youth, who allegedly set a minor girl on fire at her house in Hathras district after she spurned his advances, has been arrested, a senior officer said here on Wednesday.
The accused, Arjun, was arrested by police on the intervening night of Tuesday and Wednesday, Inspector General of Police (law and order) B P Singh told reporters here.
Asha was set on fire by Arjun when she was all alone at her house in Luharra village on Monday night, they said.
The girl, who sustained almost 90 per cent burns, was rushed to the district hospital from where she was referred to Aligarh Medical College in a serious condition, police said.
The girl`s father Ashok Kumar Sharma also sustained burn injuries in a bid to save the daughter, they said.
Arjun was named by the girl in her statement before a magistrate at the hospital.
The accused had been stalking the victim for some time due to which she had stopped going to college, Superintendent of Police Happy Guptan said
"The youth had been stalking my daughter for several days and we had repeatedly sought the assistance of police in providing us protection. We had also filed a written complaint with police," the girl`s father Ashok had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read