Youth booked for burning mother to death in Ghaziabad district
Ghaziabad: A youth, along with his father and grandmother, has been booked for allegedly burning his mother to death in Dhaulana area of the district, police said on Sunday.
The women was allegedly murdered by her family members in Rasoolpur village on January 18, and the matter was reported to police by the neighbours, they said.
On a complaint by victim`s father Dalchand yesterday, a case was lodged against the accused Sajan, his father Satish, mother-in-law Vidya and two others, SHO Shyamlal Pandey said.
The complainant alleged the family members of his daughter, married 17 years ago, had been harassing her for dowry.
While Satish and Vidya have been arrested, a manhunt has been launched to nab Sajan, who is still at large, said Pandey.
The body of the victim has been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab