Youth booked for burning mother to death in Ghaziabad district
Ghaziabad: A youth, along with his father and grandmother, has been booked for allegedly burning his mother to death in Dhaulana area of the district, police said on Sunday.
The women was allegedly murdered by her family members in Rasoolpur village on January 18, and the matter was reported to police by the neighbours, they said.
On a complaint by victim`s father Dalchand yesterday, a case was lodged against the accused Sajan, his father Satish, mother-in-law Vidya and two others, SHO Shyamlal Pandey said.
The complainant alleged the family members of his daughter, married 17 years ago, had been harassing her for dowry.
While Satish and Vidya have been arrested, a manhunt has been launched to nab Sajan, who is still at large, said Pandey.
The body of the victim has been sent for post-mortem and further investigations are on, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave