Youth burnt alive in honour killing case
Faizabad: In yet another horrifying case of honour killing, a youth was burnt alive allegedly by two brothers of his lover in Faizabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
Mangal Soni (20) succumbed to his injuries in district hospital last night.
The incident took place on February 27 when Mangal went to meet the girl at her house.
As he entered the house, the brothers of the girl allegedly caught him and thrashed him badly. They poured kerosene on him and set him afire.
Police on Sunday took into custody the brothers Deepak and Mahesh.
After the incident Mangal`s family members rushed him to the district hospital and from there he was referred to the medical university in Lucknow.
On Friday, he was again brought back from Lucknow to Faizabad, where he breathed his last.
Daya Shankar Rai, Inspector at Kotwali city police station of Faizabad, said the youth had suffered 50 per cent burns.
"A case has been lodged in the Kotwali police station. We are waiting for the post morten report," he said, adding the girl`s brothers have been booked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened