Youth fined for having affair with girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old youth has been
asked by a village panchayat to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for
allegedly having an affair and eloping with a girl of the same
The diktat was passed in a community panchayat convened
in Budhupura village, around 20 kms from here, on Friday where
the youth was found guilty of having an affair and eloping
with an 18-year-old girl, two members, Sharafat and Farman,
who were part of the community panchayat, said.
The family of the girl had approached the panchayat as
they were opposed to their affair.
The couple had eloped on August 1, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre