Youth fined for having affair with girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old youth has been
asked by a village panchayat to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for
allegedly having an affair and eloping with a girl of the same
The diktat was passed in a community panchayat convened
in Budhupura village, around 20 kms from here, on Friday where
the youth was found guilty of having an affair and eloping
with an 18-year-old girl, two members, Sharafat and Farman,
who were part of the community panchayat, said.
The family of the girl had approached the panchayat as
they were opposed to their affair.
The couple had eloped on August 1, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- After IITs, HRD Ministry hikes fees in NITs, IISERs
- Was Test captain Virat Kohli overruled by BCCI, CAC in India coach appointment?
- Swami Prasad Maurya is a traitor: Mayawati
- Gold slips from 26-month high, down Rs 485 on fall in demand
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth