Youth fined for having affair with girl
Muzaffarnagar: A 21-year-old youth has been
asked by a village panchayat to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 for
allegedly having an affair and eloping with a girl of the same
The diktat was passed in a community panchayat convened
in Budhupura village, around 20 kms from here, on Friday where
the youth was found guilty of having an affair and eloping
with an 18-year-old girl, two members, Sharafat and Farman,
who were part of the community panchayat, said.
The family of the girl had approached the panchayat as
they were opposed to their affair.
The couple had eloped on August 1, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka