Youth gets 10 year jail term in acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court at Saharanpur has sentenced a youth to 10 years imprisonment for throwing acid on a 25-year-old woman after she spurned his advances.
Pronouncing the order yesterday, Additional District Sessions Judge Anirudh Morya also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on Sonu, 26, a resident of Gangoh town in Saharanpur district.
According to the prosecution, the victim had earlier rejected a proposal by her neighbour Sonu and was critically injured when he threw acid on her on December 23, 2010 while she was sleeping in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon