Youth gets 10 year jail term in acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court at Saharanpur has sentenced a youth to 10 years imprisonment for throwing acid on a 25-year-old woman after she spurned his advances.
Pronouncing the order yesterday, Additional District Sessions Judge Anirudh Morya also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on Sonu, 26, a resident of Gangoh town in Saharanpur district.
According to the prosecution, the victim had earlier rejected a proposal by her neighbour Sonu and was critically injured when he threw acid on her on December 23, 2010 while she was sleeping in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah