Youth gets 10 year jail term in acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court at Saharanpur has sentenced a youth to 10 years imprisonment for throwing acid on a 25-year-old woman after she spurned his advances.
Pronouncing the order yesterday, Additional District Sessions Judge Anirudh Morya also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on Sonu, 26, a resident of Gangoh town in Saharanpur district.
According to the prosecution, the victim had earlier rejected a proposal by her neighbour Sonu and was critically injured when he threw acid on her on December 23, 2010 while she was sleeping in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda