Youth gets 10 year jail term in acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court at Saharanpur has sentenced a youth to 10 years imprisonment for throwing acid on a 25-year-old woman after she spurned his advances.
Pronouncing the order yesterday, Additional District Sessions Judge Anirudh Morya also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on Sonu, 26, a resident of Gangoh town in Saharanpur district.
According to the prosecution, the victim had earlier rejected a proposal by her neighbour Sonu and was critically injured when he threw acid on her on December 23, 2010 while she was sleeping in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption