Youth gets 10 year jail term in acid attack case
Muzaffarnagar: A local court at Saharanpur has sentenced a youth to 10 years imprisonment for throwing acid on a 25-year-old woman after she spurned his advances.
Pronouncing the order yesterday, Additional District Sessions Judge Anirudh Morya also imposed a fine of Rs 35,000 on Sonu, 26, a resident of Gangoh town in Saharanpur district.
According to the prosecution, the victim had earlier rejected a proposal by her neighbour Sonu and was critically injured when he threw acid on her on December 23, 2010 while she was sleeping in her house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'