Youth gets life term for rape
Bahraich (UP): A youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in adjoining Shravasti district for raping a six-year-old girl.
District Judge Ram Pratap Mishra on Thursday handed life term to Pankaj, 23, for sexually assaulting the victim on July 15, 2011 in Koripurwa village of Sharavasti.
The judge also imposed fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city