Youth gets life term for rape
Bahraich (UP): A youth has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a court in adjoining Shravasti district for raping a six-year-old girl.
District Judge Ram Pratap Mishra on Thursday handed life term to Pankaj, 23, for sexually assaulting the victim on July 15, 2011 in Koripurwa village of Sharavasti.
The judge also imposed fine of Rs 5,000 on the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi