Youth held for harassing married woman in UP Roadways bus
Muzaffarnagar: A married woman was allegedly harassed by a youth inside a Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus on Haridwar-Muzaffarnagar highway near here, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when the accused, identified as Ajay Kumar, allegedly passed lewd remarks and harassed the woman who was travelling with her husband in the bus from Haridwar to Muzaffarnagar, police said.
The accused was then beaten up by the woman's husband and others present in the bus before being handed over to the police. A complaint has been registered against Ajay and he has been arrested, they said.
In a separate incident, a girl student was allegedly harassed by her teacher when she has gone?to submit a form in her college here yesterday, police said.
The girl has filed a police complaint against?the accused teacher and he is being interrogated in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside