Youth held for harassing married woman in UP Roadways bus
Muzaffarnagar: A married woman was allegedly harassed by a youth inside a Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus on Haridwar-Muzaffarnagar highway near here, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when the accused, identified as Ajay Kumar, allegedly passed lewd remarks and harassed the woman who was travelling with her husband in the bus from Haridwar to Muzaffarnagar, police said.
The accused was then beaten up by the woman's husband and others present in the bus before being handed over to the police. A complaint has been registered against Ajay and he has been arrested, they said.
In a separate incident, a girl student was allegedly harassed by her teacher when she has gone?to submit a form in her college here yesterday, police said.
The girl has filed a police complaint against?the accused teacher and he is being interrogated in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- 'India more than capable of achieving 100 Smart City goal'
- APJ Abdul Kalam's look alike pays tribute to 'Missile Man' on first death anniversary
- Bus strike enters third day in Karnataka; schools remain shut
- Myanmar rebels hold rare meet as Suu Kyi yearns for peace
- 'Arrest Satyendar Jain', Kejriwal taunts after officer's complaint