Youth held for harassing married woman in UP Roadways bus
Muzaffarnagar: A married woman was allegedly harassed by a youth inside a Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus on Haridwar-Muzaffarnagar highway near here, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when the accused, identified as Ajay Kumar, allegedly passed lewd remarks and harassed the woman who was travelling with her husband in the bus from Haridwar to Muzaffarnagar, police said.
The accused was then beaten up by the woman's husband and others present in the bus before being handed over to the police. A complaint has been registered against Ajay and he has been arrested, they said.
In a separate incident, a girl student was allegedly harassed by her teacher when she has gone?to submit a form in her college here yesterday, police said.
The girl has filed a police complaint against?the accused teacher and he is being interrogated in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city