Youth held for harassing married woman in UP Roadways bus
Muzaffarnagar: A married woman was allegedly harassed by a youth inside a Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus on Haridwar-Muzaffarnagar highway near here, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when the accused, identified as Ajay Kumar, allegedly passed lewd remarks and harassed the woman who was travelling with her husband in the bus from Haridwar to Muzaffarnagar, police said.
The accused was then beaten up by the woman's husband and others present in the bus before being handed over to the police. A complaint has been registered against Ajay and he has been arrested, they said.
In a separate incident, a girl student was allegedly harassed by her teacher when she has gone?to submit a form in her college here yesterday, police said.
The girl has filed a police complaint against?the accused teacher and he is being interrogated in this connection, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16