Youth in love with upper-caste girl found dead
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): A teenage dalit youth was found dead here on Friday, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl.
The 17-year-old youth had gone out this morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death.
The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for past four years and the latter`s family was against it, Singh said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand