Youth in love with upper-caste girl found dead
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh): A teenage dalit youth was found dead here on Friday, with police suspecting he might have been murdered over love affair with an upper-caste girl.
The 17-year-old youth had gone out this morning after being called by someone and later, his body was recovered from a ditch in Rampur village, DSP Brijesh Kumar Singh said, adding it is suspected he was strangulated to death.
The youth was in a relationship with a Brahmin girl from the neighbouring Maniyar Piyaripur village for past four years and the latter`s family was against it, Singh said.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons and the body of the deceased has been sent for post-mortem, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey