Youth killed in suspected dishonour killing case
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, the body of a youth has been recovered from a temple at Dholra village.
Joly was strangled to death and his body hung in the temple premises yesterday, police said.
The deceased was allegedly in a relationship with Priti against the wishes of her family and the two had eloped on May 4.
The girl`s father Vinod Kumar had subsequently lodged a complaint with the police, but the two returned in the meantime having been promised marriage, they said.
A case of murder has now been registered against Kumar, his brother Bhupendra and two others, they said, adding that the search is on for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'