Youth killed in suspected dishonour killing case
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, the body of a youth has been recovered from a temple at Dholra village.
Joly was strangled to death and his body hung in the temple premises yesterday, police said.
The deceased was allegedly in a relationship with Priti against the wishes of her family and the two had eloped on May 4.
The girl`s father Vinod Kumar had subsequently lodged a complaint with the police, but the two returned in the meantime having been promised marriage, they said.
A case of murder has now been registered against Kumar, his brother Bhupendra and two others, they said, adding that the search is on for the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur