Youth kills sister over love affair in Meerut
Meerut: In a suspected case of dishonour killing, a youth allegedly shot dead his sister in Karanawal village of the district, police said on Monday.
The accused Asif has been arrested and sent to police custody, they said.
The victim Rukeya (19) had been engaged to a youth and was in a relationship with another youth from the village, to which her family and accused brother objected, police said.
According to the police, the incident occurred when the victim was speaking to her paramour over a mobile phone in her room. The accused overheard the conversation and angry with his sister for going against the wishes of the family, he barged in her room and shot her dead.
The victim died on the spot while Asif managed to flee.
However, police in the wee hours today arrested the accused, who was in an inebriated condition and trying to flee from the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?