Youth nabbed for eve-teasing; victim attempts suicide in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A youth arrested for allegedly eve-teasing a minor Dalit girl also faces charges of abetment of suicide after the victim reportedly set herself ablaze over the harassment in Hathchoya village in Shamli district, police said today.
Sunil Kumar was arrested for eve-teasing the 16-year-old girl yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said.
The minor girl was admitted to hospital with 60 per cent burns, Saxena said.
In another incident, a youth tried to sexually assault a girl who had gone outdoors to relieve herself at Pinna village in the district yesterday, police said.
A case has been registered against the accused, Chand, who is yet to be arrested, and security tightened in the village following the incident as the victim and the youth belong to different communities, police said.
In a separate case, a 12-year-old boy was allegedly abducted and sodomised by one Shehzad in Sikherda village in the district, police said.
The victim, abducted five days ago, was found in a sugarcane field, they said, adding, a case has been registered against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post