Youth sent to gallows for raping, killing 4-year-old girl
Barabanki (UP): A local court sentenced a 23-year-old youth to death on Saturday for raping and killing a minor girl last year in Dewa area of the district.
In April last year, four-year-old Babli went missing from Gwari village and her body was found in a field next day, government counsel Raj Kumar said.
With the help of sniffer dog police tracked the accused Ranjeet (23) and arrested him, he said.
Today, Additional Sessions Judge Rajesh Singh held Ranjeet guilty and announced the sentence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites