Youth sets girl ablaze
Lucknow: A youth on Tuesday tried to set ablaze a girl in the Colonelganj police station area of Allahabad, police said.
According to police, in what is a case of unrequited love, one Nishant Kumar, a polytechnic student and native of Patna, threw a burning cloth at the girl, who is a B.Tech student in Allahabad University.
The victim was admitted to hospital with 15 per cent burn injuries, they said, adding that the accused, who was known to the victim, has been arrested while a probe is on into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port