Youth sets girl ablaze
Lucknow: A youth on Tuesday tried to set ablaze a girl in the Colonelganj police station area of Allahabad, police said.
According to police, in what is a case of unrequited love, one Nishant Kumar, a polytechnic student and native of Patna, threw a burning cloth at the girl, who is a B.Tech student in Allahabad University.
The victim was admitted to hospital with 15 per cent burn injuries, they said, adding that the accused, who was known to the victim, has been arrested while a probe is on into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- India set to get MTCR membership, NSG option remains open: MEA
- LIVE CRICKET SCORE: ODI Tri-series final — West Indies vs Australia
- Haryana to be open-defecation free by December 2017: Khattar
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva