Youth shot dead for Rs 50 in Bareilly
Bareilly (UP): In a shocking incident, a youth was on Monday shot dead due to a petty dispute over Rs 50 in Kudda village in Bhamaura area here, police said.
The victim Bablu had taken the money from the accused Harveer Singh last week and promised to return it with interest today, they said.
However, he failed to do so following which the agitated Singh opened fire at him, leading to his death on the spot.
A case has been registered in this regard while efforts are on to nab the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured