Youth shot dead for Rs 50 in Bareilly
Bareilly (UP): In a shocking incident, a youth was on Monday shot dead due to a petty dispute over Rs 50 in Kudda village in Bhamaura area here, police said.
The victim Bablu had taken the money from the accused Harveer Singh last week and promised to return it with interest today, they said.
However, he failed to do so following which the agitated Singh opened fire at him, leading to his death on the spot.
A case has been registered in this regard while efforts are on to nab the absconding accused, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing