Youth shot dead, honour killing suspected: Police
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old youth has been allegedly shot dead by the family members of a girl, in Kakroli village of the district, police said here Monday.
Firoz, the victim, was yesterday allegedly killed by the family members of the girl of the same village, with whom he was having an affair.
"The victim was in love with a girl from the same village. But the girl`s family members were opposed to their relationship," police said.
Firoz`s body having bullet injuries was found outside the village.
Police has registered a case against four persons, who are still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- US tries to stop feuding allies from unraveling Syria strategy
- After Rio disappointment, Yogeshwar Dutt receives boost with London 2012 medal upgrade
- First look: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' posters will leave you intrigued – View inside
- Facebook promoted fake news story on Trending Topics
- IIT Bombay alumnus named CEO of US firm ANSYS