Youth shot dead, honour killing suspected: Police
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 22-year-old youth has been allegedly shot dead by the family members of a girl, in Kakroli village of the district, police said here Monday.
Firoz, the victim, was yesterday allegedly killed by the family members of the girl of the same village, with whom he was having an affair.
"The victim was in love with a girl from the same village. But the girl`s family members were opposed to their relationship," police said.
Firoz`s body having bullet injuries was found outside the village.
Police has registered a case against four persons, who are still at large.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- 7th Pay Commission: Delhi govt notifies hike in salaries, pensions for over 1 lakh employees
- Olympics 2016: Andy Murray dominates in Rio Games, outsider Monica Puig arrives on big stage
- SALUTE! What a mom she is! This lady catches her son teasing girl - WATCH what happened next
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's 'workout tips' will give you major 'Baar Baar Dekho' feels! Pic inside
- PM inaugurates Stor Palace, says Indians will always be with Afghanistan