Youth stabbed to death over water dispute in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old youth was stabbed to death allegedly by his neighbour over filling drinking water in Link road area, police said Tuesday.
The deceased identified as Jamshed, a resident of Jhandapur village near Link road police station, was stabbed after he got into a brawl with his neighbour Ashraf, they said, adding that the accused has been arrested.
A case of murder has been registered against Ashraf.
According to the police, Jamshed and Ashraf were filling drinking water in their neighbourhood late last night when they got into an altercation, following which Ashraf stabbed the victim to death and fled from the spot.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead, police said adding that further probe is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends