Youth stabbed to death over water dispute in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A 28-year-old youth was stabbed to death allegedly by his neighbour over filling drinking water in Link road area, police said Tuesday.
The deceased identified as Jamshed, a resident of Jhandapur village near Link road police station, was stabbed after he got into a brawl with his neighbour Ashraf, they said, adding that the accused has been arrested.
A case of murder has been registered against Ashraf.
According to the police, Jamshed and Ashraf were filling drinking water in their neighbourhood late last night when they got into an altercation, following which Ashraf stabbed the victim to death and fled from the spot.
The victim was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead, police said adding that further probe is on in the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM