Youth strangulated to death in UP
Mau (UP): A 28-year-old youth was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified men in Ghosi area near here, police said on Sunday.
The body of Chandrasekhar was recovered near Chotti Saryu river this morning, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further investigations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, agitated over the incident, the local residents blocked the Ghosi-Mohammadabad-Gohana road. However, the blockade was lifted on the assurance of the administration officials that financial assistance would be given to the kin of the victim, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees