Youth strangulated to death in UP
Mau (UP): A 28-year-old youth was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified men in Ghosi area near here, police said on Sunday.
The body of Chandrasekhar was recovered near Chotti Saryu river this morning, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further investigations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, agitated over the incident, the local residents blocked the Ghosi-Mohammadabad-Gohana road. However, the blockade was lifted on the assurance of the administration officials that financial assistance would be given to the kin of the victim, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore