Youth strangulated to death in UP
Mau (UP): A 28-year-old youth was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified men in Ghosi area near here, police said on Sunday.
The body of Chandrasekhar was recovered near Chotti Saryu river this morning, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further investigations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, agitated over the incident, the local residents blocked the Ghosi-Mohammadabad-Gohana road. However, the blockade was lifted on the assurance of the administration officials that financial assistance would be given to the kin of the victim, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons