Youth strangulated to death in UP
Mau (UP): A 28-year-old youth was allegedly strangulated to death by some unidentified men in Ghosi area near here, police said on Sunday.
The body of Chandrasekhar was recovered near Chotti Saryu river this morning, they said.
A case has been registered in this regard while the further investigations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, agitated over the incident, the local residents blocked the Ghosi-Mohammadabad-Gohana road. However, the blockade was lifted on the assurance of the administration officials that financial assistance would be given to the kin of the victim, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar
- Himachal Pradesh CM's wife to be further quizzed in PMLA case: ED to Delhi HC
- BSNL launches unlimited 3G plan for Rs 1,099, cuts rate by 50%
- No political appointments in pollution control boards: NGT