Youth with pistol near Rahul part of Haryana CM security
New Delhi: The pistol wielding youth detained
by Uttar Pradesh police at Kasna police station premises,
where Rahul Gandhi was held on Wednesday night, was found to be part
of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s security
"That is a misunderstood situation. I believe he was part
of the security detail of Mr Hooda, the Chief Minister of
Haryana," Home Minister P Chidambaram said in reply to a
question on alleged breach of Gandhi`s security.
Chidambaram said the youth was identified by Hooda and
the matter ended there.
The detention of the gun wielding youth at Kasna created
a flutter and concerns were voiced on the breach in security
of Gandhi who was arrested from Bhatta Parsaul village of
The youth, who appeared to be in his twenties, was present
among a crowd of people close to Gandhi, who was taken to
Kasna police station after being arrested at Bhatta Parasul,
the epicentre of farmers` agitation against land acquisition
by Uttar Pradesh government.
The youth was later handed to the Special Protection Group
personnel guarding Gandhi and questioned.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city