Youth with pistol near Rahul part of Haryana CM security
New Delhi: The pistol wielding youth detained
by Uttar Pradesh police at Kasna police station premises,
where Rahul Gandhi was held on Wednesday night, was found to be part
of Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda`s security
"That is a misunderstood situation. I believe he was part
of the security detail of Mr Hooda, the Chief Minister of
Haryana," Home Minister P Chidambaram said in reply to a
question on alleged breach of Gandhi`s security.
Chidambaram said the youth was identified by Hooda and
the matter ended there.
The detention of the gun wielding youth at Kasna created
a flutter and concerns were voiced on the breach in security
of Gandhi who was arrested from Bhatta Parsaul village of
The youth, who appeared to be in his twenties, was present
among a crowd of people close to Gandhi, who was taken to
Kasna police station after being arrested at Bhatta Parasul,
the epicentre of farmers` agitation against land acquisition
by Uttar Pradesh government.
The youth was later handed to the Special Protection Group
personnel guarding Gandhi and questioned.
- Harish Rawat virtually admits his presence in 'sting CD', but says meeting journalist is not crime
- Refrain from using adulterated eye makeup, warn doctors
- Eight coaches of Delhi-Faizabad Express derails in Hapur district
- No difference between LF, TMC regimes: Rajnath Singh
- BJP complains to EC of violence after 5th phase polls