Youth`s body found hanging from tree, murder suspected
Ghaziabad: The body of a 22-year-old youth, with injury marks, was found hanging from a tree on NH 24 in Vijay Nagar area here on Sunday raising suspicion that he could have been murdered, police said.
The body of Surender, who lived with his sister in Akbarpur area of Vijay Nagar and ran a grocery shop nearby, was found hanging on the tree, a senior police officer said.
"Surender was to board Jharkhand-bound train early this morning and left his sister`s house at 3.30 am. Around 8 am, his body was found hanging from a roadside tree on NH-24," the officer said.
Some injury marks were noticed on his body suggesting that he could have been murdered before being hanged from tree, the officer said, adding that money was missing from the victim`s body.
Surender`s relatives alleged that he had been murdered.
The body has been sent for post mortem, and the sister and brother-in-law are being interrogated to get some leads in the case, the officer said.
The sister`s father-in-law is a sub-inspector with the Delhi Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof