Youths disrupt Rahul`s public meeting
Kushinagar (UP): Some youths, allegedly
belonging to the Samajwadi Party, created a ruckus at a public
meeting of Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi soon after
he completed his speech at Padrauna here on Saturday.
The trouble arose when the youths entered Udit Narayan
Inter College where Rahul`s meeting was underway and chanted
slogans and distributed pamphlets, official sources said.
The youths took off their shirts immediately after Rahul
ended his speech displaying slogans like "UP people are not
beggers" emblazoned on their vests.
A scuffle ensued between the Congress workers and the
youths in which the two sides hurled chairs at each other, the
Some youths were reportedly injured in the clash, they
A few youths were detained by police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video