Youths steal Rs 22 lakh from businessman`s car
Ghaziabad: Taking advantage of an unlocked door, two youths on Thursday allegedly stole Rs 22 lakh from the car of a businessman in Kavinagar area here when the driver was parking the vehicle.
Anand Prakash, a steel firm owner, had come to the Raj Nagar district centre for some work. He got off the car and asked the driver to bring the money along after parking the vehicle.
In the mean time, the youths came and asked him to park the vehicle at some distance, they said.
The money was kept in the car and taking advantage of an unlocked door, the thieves managed to run away with the cash when the driver was busy parking the vehicle.
"Driver Hari Sharma was parking car when two unidentified youths asked him to park it at some distance. While he was busy, the youths managed to run away with the bag kept on the rear seat," Ghaziabad SP Shiv Shankar yadav said.
A case has been registered in this regard at Kavinagar police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation – Part II
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof