Zia-Ul-Haq`s widow turns down OSD`s job, wants only DSP`s post
Deoria: The widow of slain police officer Zia-Ul-Haq has refused to accept the job offered by the Uttar Pradesh government saying that she would not accept anything other than a DSP`s post.
Parveen Azad who has been maintaining distance from the media, today told the visiting leader of Loktantrik Congress Harishanka Tewari that she would not accept any job less than DSP.
Vowing to continue her struggle, Azad said that she was not fighting for herself but to ensure that no one dared to raise hand on those donning the khaki uniform of the police force.
She also demanded that the policemen who deserted her husband in Kunda area of Pratapgarh on the fateful night should be tried for treason.
Last night, the wife of slain DSP Zia-Ul-Haq was appointed as Officer on Special Duty (OSD) Welfare by the state government.
Brother of the slain officer was also appointed as constable.
The appointment letters were also sent to the family by the district administration today.
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had promised government jobs to two members of the police officers family when he visited Deoria to meet the bereaved family earlier this week.
Haq, circle officer in Kunda from where Raja Bhaiya is a five-time MLA, was allegedly killed by a mob in Balipur village on last Saturday when he had rushed there after a village head was shot dead over a land dispute.
The slain officer`s wife has alleged that Raja Bhaiya, who resigned from the state Cabinet after an FIR was filed against him, had a hand in the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review