10 years in jail for five for raping teenager
Dehra Dun: A district and sessions court
today sentenced five youths to 10-year rigorous imprisonment
for raping a teenaged girl here last year.
Justice U C Dhayani also slapped a fine of Rs 5000
each on the five convicts -- Himanshu Shahi, Deepak Saklani,
Ashish Sharma, Vikas Rawat and Mitai Mohan.
The five, aged between 17 and 20 years, had abducted a
15-year-old girl, a student of class ten, and gangraped her in
Raipur area in Uttarakhand capital.
They also thrashed her boy friend who ran away from
the scene, according to the charge-sheet filed in the case.
The five were convicted on the basis of the reports of
forensic tests which had confirmed the criminal assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Rains keep mercury near normal in several parts of country
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, CBSE Class 10th Results 2016, CBSE Class X Results 2016 to be declared on May 28; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government