10 years in jail for five for raping teenager
Dehra Dun: A district and sessions court
today sentenced five youths to 10-year rigorous imprisonment
for raping a teenaged girl here last year.
Justice U C Dhayani also slapped a fine of Rs 5000
each on the five convicts -- Himanshu Shahi, Deepak Saklani,
Ashish Sharma, Vikas Rawat and Mitai Mohan.
The five, aged between 17 and 20 years, had abducted a
15-year-old girl, a student of class ten, and gangraped her in
Raipur area in Uttarakhand capital.
They also thrashed her boy friend who ran away from
the scene, according to the charge-sheet filed in the case.
The five were convicted on the basis of the reports of
forensic tests which had confirmed the criminal assault.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- One dead, three injured in building collapse in old Delhi
- Prince 'diagnosed with AIDS' months before his death?
- Seer Trikal Bhavanta, who threatened to take 'samadhi' during Simhastha Kumbh, arrested
- VIDEO: That's huge! Watch 11 biggest sixes in Indian Premier League history ever
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?