10 years in jail for five for raping teenager
Dehra Dun: A district and sessions court
today sentenced five youths to 10-year rigorous imprisonment
for raping a teenaged girl here last year.
Justice U C Dhayani also slapped a fine of Rs 5000
each on the five convicts -- Himanshu Shahi, Deepak Saklani,
Ashish Sharma, Vikas Rawat and Mitai Mohan.
The five, aged between 17 and 20 years, had abducted a
15-year-old girl, a student of class ten, and gangraped her in
Raipur area in Uttarakhand capital.
They also thrashed her boy friend who ran away from
the scene, according to the charge-sheet filed in the case.
The five were convicted on the basis of the reports of
forensic tests which had confirmed the criminal assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation?
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi