10 years in jail for five for raping teenager
Dehra Dun: A district and sessions court
today sentenced five youths to 10-year rigorous imprisonment
for raping a teenaged girl here last year.
Justice U C Dhayani also slapped a fine of Rs 5000
each on the five convicts -- Himanshu Shahi, Deepak Saklani,
Ashish Sharma, Vikas Rawat and Mitai Mohan.
The five, aged between 17 and 20 years, had abducted a
15-year-old girl, a student of class ten, and gangraped her in
Raipur area in Uttarakhand capital.
They also thrashed her boy friend who ran away from
the scene, according to the charge-sheet filed in the case.
The five were convicted on the basis of the reports of
forensic tests which had confirmed the criminal assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy