‘100 cr people to be affected by FDI in retail’
Haridwar: Yoga guru Ramdev opposed the Congress-led UPA decision to permit FDI in retail, saying the move is likely to have an adverse impact on 100 crore people including 70 crore farmers and one crore retail traders.
A total of 100 crore people, including farmers, retail traders and their families, would be affected by the UPA government decision, Ramdev said after launching a nationwide "Swadeshi" movement from Libberhedi village near Haridwar on Tuesday.
"I have a list of one thousand scams of Congress led UPA government," he said.
Ramdev also slammed the Congress for the alleged scam in coal blocks allocation, and said, "I am firm on the issue of black money and corruption, and we will defeat those who oppose us on these matters in elections."
"In the next general elections, we will send at least four hundred MPs to the Parliament," he said.
The yoga teacher did not rule out forming his own party. On the issue he said, "wait for three-four month things would be clear."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'