‘100 cr people to be affected by FDI in retail’
Haridwar: Yoga guru Ramdev opposed the Congress-led UPA decision to permit FDI in retail, saying the move is likely to have an adverse impact on 100 crore people including 70 crore farmers and one crore retail traders.
A total of 100 crore people, including farmers, retail traders and their families, would be affected by the UPA government decision, Ramdev said after launching a nationwide "Swadeshi" movement from Libberhedi village near Haridwar on Tuesday.
"I have a list of one thousand scams of Congress led UPA government," he said.
Ramdev also slammed the Congress for the alleged scam in coal blocks allocation, and said, "I am firm on the issue of black money and corruption, and we will defeat those who oppose us on these matters in elections."
"In the next general elections, we will send at least four hundred MPs to the Parliament," he said.
The yoga teacher did not rule out forming his own party. On the issue he said, "wait for three-four month things would be clear."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi