11 killed in U`khand road mishap
Dehra Dun: At least 11 people, including three children, were killed and six others injured when a mini-bus in which they were travelling fell into Alaknanda river at Karnprayag area in Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened when the driver of the bus carrying 30 passengers, which was en route to Karnprayag from Gopeshwar, suddenly lost control over the vehicle on a sharp
turn near Kurela following which it fell into the river, Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre officials said.
Eight people died on the spot, they said.
The injured were rushed to Gopeshwar district hospital where three children succumbed to their injuries, they said.
The condition of other injured are also stated to be critical, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam