11 killed in U`khand road mishap
Dehra Dun: At least 11 people, including three children, were killed and six others injured when a mini-bus in which they were travelling fell into Alaknanda river at Karnprayag area in Uttarakhand`s Chamoli district on Friday, officials said.
The incident happened when the driver of the bus carrying 30 passengers, which was en route to Karnprayag from Gopeshwar, suddenly lost control over the vehicle on a sharp
turn near Kurela following which it fell into the river, Disaster Management and Mitigation Centre officials said.
Eight people died on the spot, they said.
The injured were rushed to Gopeshwar district hospital where three children succumbed to their injuries, they said.
The condition of other injured are also stated to be critical, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...