130 recruits inducted into Army
Kotdwara: A total of 130 recruits were inducted into Garhwal Rifles at its Regimental headquarters at Lansdowne in Garhwal, official sources said.
The recruits of Core 43 section were inducted into Army at the parade ground of Garhwal Rifles Regimental center yesterday.
Rifleman Shyam Singh was awarded for his best performance during the training, they said.
The ceremonial parade of the inducted recruits mesmerised the audience, including their guardians.
Deputy Commandant Colonel Ajay Singh Negi asked the newly inducted riflemen to lay their life for the security and integrity of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Want to improve your sex life? Ditch tampons for menstrual cups!
- Batla House encounter: BJP protests outside Sonia Gandhi's residence
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?