130 recruits inducted into Army
Kotdwara: A total of 130 recruits were inducted into Garhwal Rifles at its Regimental headquarters at Lansdowne in Garhwal, official sources said.
The recruits of Core 43 section were inducted into Army at the parade ground of Garhwal Rifles Regimental center yesterday.
Rifleman Shyam Singh was awarded for his best performance during the training, they said.
The ceremonial parade of the inducted recruits mesmerised the audience, including their guardians.
Deputy Commandant Colonel Ajay Singh Negi asked the newly inducted riflemen to lay their life for the security and integrity of the nation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!