132 persons from state killed in June floods: Uttarakhand Govt
Dehradun: A total of 132 people from Uttarakhand have been listed as having lost their lives in the flash floods that hit the state in June, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said on Thursday.
A further 823 persons in the state are reported missing, he added.
Talking to reporters here, Kumar said that the kin of 100 of those killed in the tragedy have already received compensation of Rs 5 lakh each.
The relief payments for the kin of the remaining 32 families will be made soon, he added.
The state government has spent a total of Rs 5 crore so far on paying compensations to the kin of those who died in the tragedy, he said.
Of the 823 missing, the kin of 743 have received ex-gratia relief of Rs 5 lakh each with the state government releasing another Rs 38 crore to meet these payments, he said.
The kin of the remaining 80 missing will soon be compensated, he added.
There is no report of anyone having being maimed in the tragedy but about 73 persons injured in the flash floods have received a total compensation of Rs 13 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach