132 persons from state killed in June floods: Uttarakhand Govt
Dehradun: A total of 132 people from Uttarakhand have been listed as having lost their lives in the flash floods that hit the state in June, Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar said on Thursday.
A further 823 persons in the state are reported missing, he added.
Talking to reporters here, Kumar said that the kin of 100 of those killed in the tragedy have already received compensation of Rs 5 lakh each.
The relief payments for the kin of the remaining 32 families will be made soon, he added.
The state government has spent a total of Rs 5 crore so far on paying compensations to the kin of those who died in the tragedy, he said.
Of the 823 missing, the kin of 743 have received ex-gratia relief of Rs 5 lakh each with the state government releasing another Rs 38 crore to meet these payments, he said.
The kin of the remaining 80 missing will soon be compensated, he added.
There is no report of anyone having being maimed in the tragedy but about 73 persons injured in the flash floods have received a total compensation of Rs 13 lakh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list