14-year-old boy commits suicide
Srinagar: A 14-year-old boy, hailing from Uttarakhand, allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance here, police said Monday.
Arjun Singh, a resident of Dehradun, consumed poisonous substance in his room on the premises of Hanuman mandir at Hari Singh High Street last evening and later died at the SMHS Hospital, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said his father Ashok Singh, who claimed to be a `sahayak` (helper) at the temple, had brought the boy to the hospital.
The causes of the suicide were not known immediately, the spokesman said, adding that police have initiated inquest proceedings in connection with the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what