14-year-old boy commits suicide
Srinagar: A 14-year-old boy, hailing from Uttarakhand, allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance here, police said Monday.
Arjun Singh, a resident of Dehradun, consumed poisonous substance in his room on the premises of Hanuman mandir at Hari Singh High Street last evening and later died at the SMHS Hospital, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said his father Ashok Singh, who claimed to be a `sahayak` (helper) at the temple, had brought the boy to the hospital.
The causes of the suicide were not known immediately, the spokesman said, adding that police have initiated inquest proceedings in connection with the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan welcomes appointment of Urjit Patel as his successor
- French court suspends burkini ban after challenge
- Flipkart rejigs top order to 'simplify' organisation
- PM Modi announces task force to prepare action plan for next three Olympic Games
- US economic growth estimate for 2nd quarter cut to 1.1%