14-year-old boy commits suicide
Srinagar: A 14-year-old boy, hailing from Uttarakhand, allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance here, police said Monday.
Arjun Singh, a resident of Dehradun, consumed poisonous substance in his room on the premises of Hanuman mandir at Hari Singh High Street last evening and later died at the SMHS Hospital, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said his father Ashok Singh, who claimed to be a `sahayak` (helper) at the temple, had brought the boy to the hospital.
The causes of the suicide were not known immediately, the spokesman said, adding that police have initiated inquest proceedings in connection with the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray