14-year-old boy commits suicide
Srinagar: A 14-year-old boy, hailing from Uttarakhand, allegedly committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance here, police said Monday.
Arjun Singh, a resident of Dehradun, consumed poisonous substance in his room on the premises of Hanuman mandir at Hari Singh High Street last evening and later died at the SMHS Hospital, a police spokesman said.
The spokesman said his father Ashok Singh, who claimed to be a `sahayak` (helper) at the temple, had brought the boy to the hospital.
The causes of the suicide were not known immediately, the spokesman said, adding that police have initiated inquest proceedings in connection with the death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey