15 die as vehicle with marriage party plunges into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen people were killed and 19 injured when a canter carrying a marriage party fell into a gorge near Kaladhungi in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district on Sunday evening, police said.
The accident happened when the victims were returning to Amroha in Uttar Pradesh after attending a marriage in Bara Pathar area, Nainital SSP Sadanand Date said.
Thirteen died instantly and two in hospital, he said.
Two injured were admitted to a hospital in Haldwani where the condition of two of them was described as critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube