15 die as vehicle with marriage party plunges into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen people were killed and 19 injured when a canter carrying a marriage party fell into a gorge near Kaladhungi in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district on Sunday evening, police said.
The accident happened when the victims were returning to Amroha in Uttar Pradesh after attending a marriage in Bara Pathar area, Nainital SSP Sadanand Date said.
Thirteen died instantly and two in hospital, he said.
Two injured were admitted to a hospital in Haldwani where the condition of two of them was described as critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof