15 die as vehicle with marriage party plunges into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen people were killed and 19 injured when a canter carrying a marriage party fell into a gorge near Kaladhungi in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district on Sunday evening, police said.
The accident happened when the victims were returning to Amroha in Uttar Pradesh after attending a marriage in Bara Pathar area, Nainital SSP Sadanand Date said.
Thirteen died instantly and two in hospital, he said.
Two injured were admitted to a hospital in Haldwani where the condition of two of them was described as critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- AAP demands action against L-G Najeeb Jung in MM Khan murder case
- Grown up and gorgeous, Nysa poses with mother Kajol!
- UEFA Euro 2016: Spain Vs Italy, Germany Vs Slovakia, England Vs Iceland – The Round of 16 Fixtures in Full
- Cliff Richard feels 'tarnished' by sexual abuse allegations
- Companies with UK exposure trade mixed ahead of Brexit vote outcome