15 die as vehicle with marriage party plunges into gorge
Dehradun: Fifteen people were killed and 19 injured when a canter carrying a marriage party fell into a gorge near Kaladhungi in Uttarakhand`s Nainital district on Sunday evening, police said.
The accident happened when the victims were returning to Amroha in Uttar Pradesh after attending a marriage in Bara Pathar area, Nainital SSP Sadanand Date said.
Thirteen died instantly and two in hospital, he said.
Two injured were admitted to a hospital in Haldwani where the condition of two of them was described as critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users