15 more from Odisha rescued from Uttarakhand
Bhubneswar: At least 15 more pilgrims from Odisha were on Tuesday rescued from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand, official sources said.
With this the total number of persons rescued so far from the Himalayan catastrophe is 328.
The 15 persons rescued during the day have reached Odisha Bhawan at Delhi and will be sent back to the state this evening, an official release said adding the state government has made arrangements for their return.
Of the 15, nine are from Khurdha, five from Cuttack and one from Berhampur, the sources added.
A total 313 pilgrims from Orissa have already returned from the flood-hit Uttarakhand, where three official teams from the state are camping.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory