15 more from Odisha rescued from Uttarakhand
Bhubneswar: At least 15 more pilgrims from Odisha were on Tuesday rescued from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand, official sources said.
With this the total number of persons rescued so far from the Himalayan catastrophe is 328.
The 15 persons rescued during the day have reached Odisha Bhawan at Delhi and will be sent back to the state this evening, an official release said adding the state government has made arrangements for their return.
Of the 15, nine are from Khurdha, five from Cuttack and one from Berhampur, the sources added.
A total 313 pilgrims from Orissa have already returned from the flood-hit Uttarakhand, where three official teams from the state are camping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details