15 more from Odisha rescued from Uttarakhand
Bhubneswar: At least 15 more pilgrims from Odisha were on Tuesday rescued from flood and landslide-hit Uttarakhand, official sources said.
With this the total number of persons rescued so far from the Himalayan catastrophe is 328.
The 15 persons rescued during the day have reached Odisha Bhawan at Delhi and will be sent back to the state this evening, an official release said adding the state government has made arrangements for their return.
Of the 15, nine are from Khurdha, five from Cuttack and one from Berhampur, the sources added.
A total 313 pilgrims from Orissa have already returned from the flood-hit Uttarakhand, where three official teams from the state are camping.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- PM Narendra Modi returns from Tashkent after completing his two-day visit
- Barack Obama says UK committed to 'orderly transition' out of EU
- Islamic State captures 900 Kurdish civilians in north Syria in 3 weeks
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'