1500 police constables to be recruited: Uttarak`d CM
Dehra Dun: Stating that Uttarakhand is "very
sensitive from security point of view", Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank on Sunday said an additional 1500 constables
would be recruited to strengthen the state police force.
"Uttarakhand is very sensitive from security point of
view as it shares international borders with two countries
China and Nepal. So the government has decided to strengthen
the police force by adding 1500 more constables," he said at a
function in Police Lines here.
Out of these, 1000 personnel would be recruited for civil
police, 400 for Police Armed Constabulary (PAC) and another
100 in fire services, he said.
Besides, a state Commando team called "Guldaar" has also
been formed to meet the internal security challenge, Nishank
He praised the state police for smooth conduct of ongoing
Mahakumbh mela at Haridwar and said the state government would
launch schemes for welfare of police personnel besides
modernising the force.
The Chief Minister also promised to open more police
stations and pickets in the state and said a police training
college would be soon set up at Narendranagar area of Tehri
Earlier, Nishank reviewed the passing out parade of 133
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test