1500 police constables to be recruited: Uttarak`d CM
Dehra Dun: Stating that Uttarakhand is "very
sensitive from security point of view", Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank on Sunday said an additional 1500 constables
would be recruited to strengthen the state police force.
"Uttarakhand is very sensitive from security point of
view as it shares international borders with two countries
China and Nepal. So the government has decided to strengthen
the police force by adding 1500 more constables," he said at a
function in Police Lines here.
Out of these, 1000 personnel would be recruited for civil
police, 400 for Police Armed Constabulary (PAC) and another
100 in fire services, he said.
Besides, a state Commando team called "Guldaar" has also
been formed to meet the internal security challenge, Nishank
He praised the state police for smooth conduct of ongoing
Mahakumbh mela at Haridwar and said the state government would
launch schemes for welfare of police personnel besides
modernising the force.
The Chief Minister also promised to open more police
stations and pickets in the state and said a police training
college would be soon set up at Narendranagar area of Tehri
Earlier, Nishank reviewed the passing out parade of 133
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered