1500 police constables to be recruited: Uttarak`d CM
Dehra Dun: Stating that Uttarakhand is "very
sensitive from security point of view", Chief Minister Ramesh
Pokhariyal Nishank on Sunday said an additional 1500 constables
would be recruited to strengthen the state police force.
"Uttarakhand is very sensitive from security point of
view as it shares international borders with two countries
China and Nepal. So the government has decided to strengthen
the police force by adding 1500 more constables," he said at a
function in Police Lines here.
Out of these, 1000 personnel would be recruited for civil
police, 400 for Police Armed Constabulary (PAC) and another
100 in fire services, he said.
Besides, a state Commando team called "Guldaar" has also
been formed to meet the internal security challenge, Nishank
He praised the state police for smooth conduct of ongoing
Mahakumbh mela at Haridwar and said the state government would
launch schemes for welfare of police personnel besides
modernising the force.
The Chief Minister also promised to open more police
stations and pickets in the state and said a police training
college would be soon set up at Narendranagar area of Tehri
Earlier, Nishank reviewed the passing out parade of 133
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed