16 killed as jeep falls into gorge in U`khand
Uttarkashi: Sixteen people were killed when the jeep they were travelling in skidded off the road and fell into a gorge near Sankri in Uttarakhand`s Uttarkashi district.
The vehicle slipped off the Mori-Jakholi road, which had become slippery after snowfall and fell into a deep gorge killing six of its occupants on the spot, Purola sub-divisional magistrate Rajkumar Pandey said.
The injured, who were admitted at a nearby hospital, later succumbed to their injuries during the treatment, Pandey added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights