16 killed as jeep falls into gorge in U`khand
Uttarkashi: Sixteen people were killed when the jeep they were travelling in skidded off the road and fell into a gorge near Sankri in Uttarakhand`s Uttarkashi district.
The vehicle slipped off the Mori-Jakholi road, which had become slippery after snowfall and fell into a deep gorge killing six of its occupants on the spot, Purola sub-divisional magistrate Rajkumar Pandey said.
The injured, who were admitted at a nearby hospital, later succumbed to their injuries during the treatment, Pandey added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal